Wednesday 22 October 2014

Update

Blog update 22/10/2014


On thursday I traveled to Amsterdam to take part in its yearly event of 'ADE' (Amsterdam Dance event). During this week amsterdam celebrates its ever growing culture of dance music and over 2000 Djs take part in events over 5 days. I stayed in Amsterdam for three days and for the three days I took part in events, interviews and I took many videos of my time there. The city was full of posters, videos and more which was very nice for my research in media as it has opened me up to another culture and I have begun to think about new things which I could implant into my own work.

The city was full of advertisements for events and gigs, there was near enough five posters per street, compare this to england you are lucky to see one poster every ten streets. The promotion of music in the city was very big. Here is a example of a few posters I spotted as I arrived in the city - 























Over the week Amsterdam had many buildings dedicated to listening to music, browsing the internet for events and updating yourself on what is going on in the city. I thought these were very clever and useful especially since they helped me get information on what is happening media-wise in the city.


This is a picture of one of these buildings. 










My trip to amsterdam has helped me alot and opened my mind to many more ideas for my own media work. I have many clips and images of my time which I will be uploading to my own personal blog. The trip to amsterdam has shown me the difference in how music is celebrated and promoted compared to in England,




0 comments:

Post a Comment