Wednesday 19 November 2014

Music Mixing

In my free time I like to mix some of my favourite songs and see how they sound, I have decided to experiment with our groups song 'Young Again' and adding a different drop to the song. 


You can check out the original song here


You can check out my two remixes/mixes of the song here!


I have used the software 'Mixx' to create and mix these two tracks, the software is free to use and very easy to use once researched. I wanted to create a mix of our groups song to see how different I could make the original song sound and attempt to make it better. The process I took to create my mixes were very simple, first I took a note of the songs 'drops' and then set the software to mix the songs at that moment to create these new sounds. 

I don't think I have been very successful in making the song better as the mixed songs do not go with the original, in the future I would like to attempt to remix the song. 

As stated above I have used the software Mixx for my song mixes, I am planning on upgrading software soon since this software is becoming outdated I also would like to buy myself a pair of DJ decks. The software is very simple to use once the key components are understood. 



Firstly you have two separate CD decks in which you place your two desired songs into, once you have imported each song you play the first song on the first deck and then let the song play until the moment you want to mix it into the second song. As the point of mixing approaches you manually use the mix slider in the middle of the software and drag it towards CD two and the software will mix the two songs automatically. There is the option of doing this completely manually but this is more advanced and I am not up to this point in mixing yet. 




2 comments:

  1. Great to hear the remixes Jacob.
    • can you add more info and analysis as t is very thin so far please.
    • Discuss how you remixed what software etc why?

    Mrs McD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I have updated this post explaining the process I have taken to mix these songs. The post is now in better depth and contains images related to the software. I hope you enjoy the updated post,

      Thanks Jacob

      Delete